What Is Medical Malpractice?
Healthcare providers are trained to and are required to follow certain procedures when administering care to a patient. Doctors prescribe medication that follows a treatment plan, while surgeons follow a specific protocol. However, these profesionals may intentionally or unintentionally deviate from the required protocols causing harm in the process. Sometimes healthcare professionals fail to act and are negligent where they should have acted causing medical errors. All these are instances of medical malpractice.
Medical malpractice leads to prolonged illness, paralysis, longterm disablity and even death. Austin S. Pieratt Esq. will review your case for free and fight for the full cost of your damages. We handle a variety of medical malpractice cases in Oklahoma City, OK and throughout Oklahoma and we’ll represent you like family.
As soon as you suspect medical malpractice, you need to contact an experienced Oklahoma City, OK medical malpractice attorney as the law changes to adapt to new medical situations.
What Clients Say About Austin S. Pieratt Esq.
What to do when you suspect medical malpractice
Given the environment and number of people involved in providing healthcare, you need to move cautiously in order to avoid spooking the parties involved. Follow these 3 steps:
- Insist on a second opinion. If your surgery didn’t go well, get a second opinion from another surgeon. If the nursing staff made a medical error, speak to the administration. Move to another hospital if you have to.
- Document as much as possible. Write down the names of the doctors, nurses and staff involved. Take pictures of medications, swellings, and write down all the instructions given from the doctor.
- Call Austin S. Pieratt Esq. and let’s review your case. Remember your consulation is free. You don’t have much time to waste because it may be too late to reverse a medical condition.
Signs you’re dealing with medical malpractice or negligence
- Wrong medication is prescribed
- Bruises on nursing home residents
- Diagnosis is based on lab tests you never took
- Injuries to the baby or the mother during child birth
- Doctor fails to diagnose something he/she should have
- Patient is not cared for or supervised resulting in physical harm
- Medication prescribed with known side effects or with disregard to previously prescribed medication
This is by no means an exhaustive list of signs of medical malpractice or negligence. Bottom line, if your treatment and care from a healthcare professional resulted in personal or emotional pain and suffering, you may have a medical malpractice claim.
You can trust our attorney to provide the compassionate legal support you need to resolve your case. Contact us today to learn more about medical malpractice in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.