Oklahoma law and your dog bite accident
Oklahoma’s dog bite statue is a strict liability statute. This means the dog’s owner is liable for any injuries the dog causes, even if the owner had no reason to believe that the dog might bite or behave in a way that causes injury. 4 O.S. § 42.1 (OSCN 2019).
A dog’s owner is liable for damages when:
- the dog bites or otherwise injures a person,
- the injured person did not provoke the dog, and
- the injured person was in a place he or she had a lawful right to be. 4 O.S. § 42.1 (OSCN 2019)
What Clients Say About Austin S. Pieratt Esq.
Why hire Austin S. Pieratt Esq. law firm to represent you?
Not all lawyers or law firms are created equal. When you hire our law firm you get:
- 5-star personalized service that allows you to be heard and have your rights protected. See our reviews above to learn more from past clients.
- Direct access to the attorney from consultation to personally representing you in all steps so that you do not lose out on what you are entitled to and so that your case value is maximized.
- Our low overhead means lower fees and ultimately more money in your pocket.