Take Action if You’ve Been Bitten by a Dog
SCHEDULE A DOG BITE CONSULTATION IN OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), children and elderly people are the most common victims of dog bites. If you’ve been bitten by someone else’s dog, get medical attention and contact Austin S. Pieratt Esq. right away. We’ll tell you what you need to do to get compensation, especially if you’ve suffered health issues as a result.
If your dog bites someone, you should:
- Call paramedics if needed
- Restrain it and put it indoors or in a cage
- Check the victim’s wound and wash it with soap and water
- Give the bite victim your contact information and the date of your dog’s last rabies shot
Whether you’re the victim or the dog’s owner, we’ll assess your situation and tell you your next steps. Call 405-551-5109 now to schedule a dog bite consultation in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
HOW TO PREVENT A DOG FROM BITING YOU
Austin S. Pieratt Esq. recommends a few tips to avoid getting bitten by a dog. When you’re around any breed, you should:
- Pet it only with the owner’s permission
- Avoid making eye contact when it’s not on a leash
- Keep young children away from it if it’s eating, playing or sleeping
Make wise choices around dogs. Contact us today to learn what you should do when you’re the victim of a dog bite in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.